Monday 3 July 2017

July Press Up Challenge Day 1: 01/07/2017

July Press Up Challenge: Day 1

Saturday: 01/07/2017



I don't know why, but I decided to attempt to do 200 press ups every day for the whole month of July.  These press ups don't have to be done in one go, just throughout the day until they accumulate in 200.

I thought the best way to keep myself accountable was to announce it through GO Cumbria, post how I am doing through our social media and write a blog at the end of each day on how I've done (you'll notice I'm writing and posting this on Monday 03/07/2017, sorry a bit delayed in getting this started).

I will also post my diet for the day and you can see how I eat throughout the process.  If you've got any tips on improving my diet, would love to here from you as would the rest of the GO Cumbria community.

Just a note I might mention products that I am using, please note we are not big time (yet) at GO Cumbria to have a sponsor/sponsors, so all the products I mention are just ones I use.

Press ups

Tackling the 200 for day 1!

I decided I would split the press ups up, get 100 done in the am and 100 done in the pm.  Obviously first day excitement of starting this challenge, I started fast and got down and did 25 straight off the bat.  25 is pretty much my limit of doing press ups.  Throughout the course of the morning I got my first 100 press ups done.  We were going out for my daughters first birthday party at 11 am, so managed to round off my first 100 by about 10.30am.

The second hundred was done throughout the evening after party food had been eaten and friends and family had left.  While the rest of the family was watching TV I was repping out my final few. 
That initial 25 burst was a distant memory and now was being content with 10's.


By 8pm my first day of success and all 200 are done!!!!  Time for rest before day 2 starts.






Diet

I understand the fundamentals of a good diet, but if I'm honest have never really accomplished in actually being consistent with it.  Don't get me wrong I can go for weeks doing well, but then I fall off the band wagon and back to stage 1.

Now when I talk about diet, I'm not talking about some Hollywood fad type diet. Instead it is about eating lots of healthy fruits, vegetables and protein.  While at the same down cutting down on the sugary snacks.  Unfortunately this later part is my biggest weakness.  Feeling tired = Chocolate, feeling a bit crappy = chocolate, feeling like I fancy a snack = chocolate, bored = chocolate, long drive = CHOCOLATE!  Any excuse.

I'm not big or massively overweight or anything like that.  The chocolate binge is only occasionally and most of the time I am good, I do eats lots of fruit and veg and I exercise regularly.  But I think I could do with loosing a few of those extra pounds.

Again, that's why I'm writing my diet down in my blog so you guys can be my accountability mentors.  If I know I have to be honest with you then, I'm going to hopefully be more consistent with my diet and stay off those sugary snacks.

I am using an app to track my progress on this it is "MyFitnessPal", by UnderArmour.  I've got an Android phone, I'm assuming something similar will be on Apple.  It has got a massive data base of food, but also you can scan barcodes to get all the nutritional info or if you cooking a meal enter in the recipe ingredients and it will give you the nutritional info of your home cooked meal.  So all the nutritional info I put out has come from the app.

So my goal is:
2,190 calories
246g protein
137 carbs
73g fat

Breakfast

Quaker Oats Original Big Bowl        254kcal
Banana                                               105kcal
Coffee                                                2kcal

Mid morning Snack

Sainsbury's Greek Style Natural Yoghurt 250g    300kcal
Crunchy Peanut Butter 20g                                   128kcal
Coffee                                                                    2kcal

Lunch

(PARTY FOOD)
1/2 Sausage roll 103g                 175kcal
Strawberries - 6                          24kcal
Carrots                                        21kcal
Medium white bread 1 slice       95kcal
Edam slice 1 slice                      78kcal
Breaded Ham 1 slice                  20kcal
Birthday Cake 1/2 slice             150kcal
Coffee                                         2kcal

Mid Afternoon Snack

MyProtein Impact Whey Protein 'Peanut Cookie' Flavour - 2 scoops 205kcal
Coffee                                                                                                   2kcal

Tea

1/2 Meat Feast Pizza 404kcal
Cheddar cheese stick 83 kcal

GOAL                          ACTUAL
2,190 calories               2051 calories
246g protein                 111g protein
137 carbs                      184g carbs
73g fat                           96g fat

Analysis

As you can see I was under my overall calories for the day, but was way under on the protein and over on the carbs and fat.  Saturday in our house is Pizza Saturday, which will impact on the diet. 

Any suggestions on high protein, low carb pizza options?

Any feedback on the diet will be greatly appreciated.

See you soon

Owen


No comments:

Post a Comment