Saturday 22 July 2017

July Press Up Challenge Day 22: 22/07/2017

July Press Up Challenge Day 22

Saturday 22/07/2017



Press ups

Day 22 of the July 200 press up challenge.  Today I was up in Glasgow's Chris Hoy Velodrome (http://www.emiratesarena.co.uk/cycling/Pages/default.aspx) for my level 2 accreditation for track cycling. 

I did level 1 back in January and haven't had a chance to get back up there to do level 2 until today.  The accreditation system introduces you to track cycling and teaches you safe riding skills.  Levels 1 and 2 are an hour long, while levels 3 and 4 are two hours long.  By the time you pass level 4 you are then allowed to go to any of their numerous open sessions and ride around the track.

Today's session was teaching us how to cycling in a train on the black and blue line.  Cycling within
a wheels width of each other and then with us peeling off one by one and re-joining at the rear of the line of riders.  An interesting skill to master because you don't have any breaks on a fixie bike, meaning if you cycle to fast and get to close to the person in front you can't just squeeze the brakes and slow down.

Glasgow is the closest velodrome for us to go to but there are numerous centres right around the country and would really recommend that you have a go, it is exciting to go around.  I know a lot of the velodrome's have their own accreditation, and I believe it can be transferred between places, i.e. once I pass at Glasgow I should be able to ride in Manchester for example.

Onto the press ups.  As I was up and out early doors this morning, giving it is a 2.5 hrs drive to Glasgow from home, I did all my press ups this evening.  And late on this evening as well as we were watching Beauty and the Beast with my 5 year old.  So she was allowed to stay up late as a special treat for finishing school.

Today I broke the press ups into 8 sets of 25 reps, so pushing myself a little bit harder.  I could definitely feel it in the shoulder area on the final couple of sets.

I hope the rain is not washing your weekend out and you are having fun.

See you tomorrow,

Owen




No comments:

Post a Comment