Monday 24 July 2017

July Press Up Challenge Day 24: 24/07/2017

July Press Up Challenge Day 24

Monday 24/07/2017

Press Ups

Day 24 of July press up challenge.  I'm starting to feel like the voice of the guy from Big Brother - "Day 24, 8.30pm and Owen has done another 200 press ups, what do the housemates think of him?" (In a Geordie accent, obviously!).

As I hoped for yesterday I shot for sets of 30 reps and succeeded!!!  :-)

6 sets of 30 and finished off with a set of 20 reps!!

I think it shows,  if you are persistent with something and you try at it everyday you will see those improvements.  It might not be press ups or exercise in general for that matter, but it could be anything you want to achieve, learning Spanish, writing a blog (which I've found harder to persevere with than the press ups), cooking, painting.......  whatever is your passion to do.  Coming back to it day after day, even when you have those days when you really don't want to, when you are too tired, when it's late, when the baby has been crying all night, when.... whatever the excuse could be, you didn't take it.  Instead you battled through to see the outcome at the end of the day.

I think it needs an accountability partner involved in these processes.  No one cares if I don't practice my Spanish, but I know if I don't do my 200 press ups and write about it Paddy will be onto me.  He's my accountability partner in this, as well as the GO Cumbria community.  I feel I need to write it or I let you down, a woman in work asks me every day how the press ups are going, that is accountability.  Find your accountability partner in a challenge and shoot for a goal.  Try and do something every day for a month and see what difference it makes to your skill on that task but also your view on that task. 

Give it a go and let me know what you are going to try for a month, every day without fail.

See you tomorrow,

Owen


No comments:

Post a Comment