Sunday 23 July 2017

Review: Urge Supatrail Helmet 2016

Review

Urge Supatrail Helmet 2016






I recently required a new helmet as my old one was getting to about 3 years old  or so.  Even though you might not have dropped or crashed you still need to replace your helmet every few years because they get damaged by UV weakening the structure, therefore not providing adequate protection at the critical time.

After setting my budget and trawling the internet I came across the Urge Supatrail Helmet 2016 on Chain Reaction Cycles (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com).  If we are all honest the first thing we look at on a helmet is how cool it looks!  And I really like the shape of the Urge Supatrail, also both my mountain bike and road bike are red and black so thought it would match perfectly.  I love the large circle air vents on each side and the front, the narrow profile  of the helmet is great as well.  Also the reviews were really positive.

I ordered a large/extra large for me.  Chain Reaction Cycles were great, as usual in posting out the Urge Supatrail and it arrived with a couple of days.

Once it arrived I adjusted the chain straps and the one at the back to get the right feel.  Very snug feel, but not too tight and zero wobble, which I've experienced with other helmets.

I've used in now twice since it has arrived.  Once on my commute into work and also I took it with me when I went to Glasgow to the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome for my level 2 accreditation.

Very comfortable to wear, the sweat band at the front works brilliantly.  Previous visors on other helmets have been easy to pull off but on the Urge Supatrail it is riveted on.

Helmet is lovely and light and with the large air vents provides good cooling, even worked well when going around a warm velodrome.

Overall very pleased with my purchase of the Urge Supatrail Helmet 2016 and would recommend it to others.  Overall giving a five chain ring grading.


See you later,

Owen

https://www.urgebike.com/index.php



No comments:

Post a Comment